My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Saturday I worked on the flight deck all day - and got sunburned of course. But I met some really great guests and had a good time.

In the morning I worked staging the guests for their tour up on the bridge. I told them no cell phones, watch for low overheads, be careful of the ladders going and back down etc... I also had a few minutes to tell them a story or two about the ship and answer questions as we waited for the Air Boss to let me know when they were ready for the next group. It's a fun place to work. In the afternoon I worked up on the porch as guests were led into Primary Flight Control. Both assignments were out in the sun. So I got a little burned, but it was worth it. The SPF45 sunscreen didn't phase the Southern Calif sun off the deck or the bay. Oh well.

While up on the porch, I spotted a Russian Submarine. Man your battle stations !
Here is a pic of the sub

It turns out that it's a decommissioned sub, and a museum like us.

Whew - close call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home