My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fun event last night - it was a group from a conventioneers of tele-medics. That's right - they medic you from remote. What will they think of next ? ! !

They had a good time on the ship. There was suppose to be just 800 guests, but over 1000 people showed up. I guess the extras didn't want to miss out on our cool ship-tours. There was an 'open bar' for the conventioneers - which could account for their overall jolly mood.

I was assigned to the Mess Deck. That's a fun spot - I got to tell the ship's story from down there.

This group ate pretty good too. They had stations on the flight deck for meatloaf sandwiches, chicken pot pies, and oriental stir-fry. After our watch, we got to partake, and I did ! I had to at least try all three stations.

Then we found the dessert station. Ice cream over brownies, topped with hot fudge and fresh strawberries. The crushed nuts and m&m's were optional. I think those medics trying to create new 'customers' !

It was a fun night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home