My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Monday, May 08, 2006

We had an SE tonight - that's a Special Event. It was a banking company that manages the electronic transfer of funds - I know, it's confusing to me what they really do too.

There were suppose to be 1,000 guests - well, over 1,400 came on board ! They had an open-bar, a DJ, and just finger-food. We streamed them thru the island - no stopping please, lets keep the line moving. I worked the Bridge, their first station on the tour. They were plenty happy when they got to me and when they left me too. I pointed out the Capt's chair and the helm, and kept 'em moving. I was a good enlisted man - I saluted everything shiny that came thru the line. The guests liked that.

One guest had a little too much open-bar. She lost her finger food and her margarita on vultures row outside the bridge. I radioed down for maintenance - and they took their sweet time coming up with a bucket and mop. Oh well.

It was a fun night anyway - I'm glad I was there to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home