My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

I didn't go to the ship today, instead I attended a funeral/memorial service and I'm glad that I made the right choice.

They made it a celebration of the family and of his life instead of just a depressing funeral. We spent 4 hours having a grand time remembering, celebrating, and sharing the good things. I met family that I hadn't seen in years, and some new members I hadn't met before. There were some tender moments, funny times, and moving experiences. Every emotion was exercised.

Among his many interests, Jerry was a golfer, and in the end we all went to the driving range to hit one for Jerry. You would have had a laugh seeing us all tee off. No experience or talent necessary - we just all hit one. What a treat and a great send off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home