My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sat was an interesting day on the ship - I began the day with a private tour for some contest winners. Turns out I got the Dad, Mom, and the two kids (ages 5 and 6). They had a lot of enthusing energy - the kids that is ! But they had a great time. The part that the kids liked best was getting to climb into the racks where the sailors slept. Good thing the sailors had already left (15 yrs ago).

Then I stood watch in the engine room for the morning guests. I met many interesting people coming down there. I made "throttlemen" out of many of them.

After lunch I worked in the island - giving tours thru Pri Fly, Chart House, and the Bridge. I met some guys from the 1961-62 Black Knights. They had been pilots on the Midway, and were having a reunion. Very interesting fellows - and heros, every one of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home