My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Two Special Events during the past two nights on board - Lawyers one night, and Doctors the next night.

The Lawyers didn't have much to say to start with, until they got a few drinks in them of course. Then they loosened up a little. The Doctors asked more "how does this work" type of questions and were much more friendly to begin with.

I think the Lawyers had better food - well, I don't know if it was 'better' - but it was certainly more fancy and I bet more expensive.

I had fun both nights talking up the ship.

I'm looking forward to Sat - I'll be giving some contest winners a private tour in the morning, and standing watch in the afternoon. Good ole regular weekend guests - our bread and butter.

I got a few new stories about JP5 in the drinking water that I can't wait to try out on the guests. I tried them out tonight on the other docents. If their reaction is any indication - it will go over big with the guests. I just need to practice on my delivery a little. Stay tuned . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home