My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Another great weekend on the ship . . . They started something new - taking a survey of guest coming out of the Chart House and the Bridge after we gave our presentations. The guests were asked to rank the experience on a 1 to 5 scale. Afterward, we went over the results in the docent office. Well, you can't expect all 5's - and I didn't get all 5's. I got a few 6's and a 14 too !

I think it has something to do with measuring the customer responses and experimenting with re-routing the guests to find the most efficient path thru the Island ( Pri-Fly, Chart House, and Bridge ). This Summer we may get 5,000 or more on board - and the officers want a plan to handle them efficiently while still providing a good on-board Midway visit. We'll see what happens next.

Today is/was Easter - I went to Sunrise Service at Point Loma then worked on the ship all day. We had a pretty good turn-out - more than last year on Easter. The clouds looked threatening in the morning, but cleared up in the afternoon to become another beautiful Southern Calif day on the flight deck.

Next weekend is the CE ( Continuing Education ). The topic will be the Galley, and Aviation for Dummys. Looking forward to it - since I'm the biggest dummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home