My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Friday, June 02, 2006

I worked two nights this week - what a difference a night makes.

On Wed - we had a group of about 300 and we toured them thru the ship. They were enthusiastic and fun. They were clearly having a good time - and not just because of the open bar !

I was stationed in the Chart House - one of my fav places to be. I stood outside on Vultures Row waiting for the groups to start streaming thru and got a really good view of San Diego bay at sunset. The sailboats were all over the bay with their sails lit up by the low rays of the sun. What a sight - do you think next time I'll remember to bring the camera ?


The last night - we had a small corporate group on board for their event. They had scheduled 10 docents for guided tours. For most of the night we tried to drum up customers for a walk thru. We even had the Admiral's quarters and TFCC open for the tour - but they were more interested in the open bar. Win some, lose some - it's hard to compete with an open bar.

Finally at 7:30 I had one individual that wanted to see the engine room. So I gave him a walk thru and all the fun details and he was very happy - and not just because of the open bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home