My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day on the ship was certainly memorable. The guests were happy and enthused. I met families touring the ship, vets leading their friends and family members, and general public out for another beautiful Southern Calif day at the ship.

We had a fly-over by some WWII vintage plans in the morning. They really made a hit with the early arriving guests.

It looked like we might be short a few hands today, but there were several walk-on volunteers and we had plenty of docents to give the guests the best of the ship.

While docenting today, I met a cool family down on the mess deck. A very trip young man in an Air Force uniform with his Dad and Mom. I showed them around and they had a great time. At the end, the Mom took our picture. Here is Matt with his Dad, take a look - he's the future, and one of our 'brightest and best':


This weekend was also the opening of a few new sections of the ship: Officer's Country and the CPO Mess. We had to work out the wrinkles of getting the guests in and out of these sections, but I think it's working pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home