My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Midway Volunteer Appreciation Event was last night on the ship.

I got to meet many of the other volunteers and mingle a little. There are some very nice people volunteering there, most of them are Vets with very interesting stories.

I got to sit thru a pre-flight briefing and then actually fly an F4 Phantom in the Flight Simulator. That was great. Watch your air speed and your elevation - I found out those are key. I buzzed San Diego and then spotted terrorists had taken over Qualcomm Stadium so I launched my rockets and leveled it. Then as they were trying to get away on Hwy 8, I machine-gunned their caravan. Hmmm - that might have been the 6:pm San Diego commute traffic, I'm not sure.

We had a nice dinner, they gave out awards for service, and then we heard speeches from the leaders. They said nice things about us and that the Midway Museum couldn't operate without the volunteers. It's nice to be appreciated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aww it sounds like you had a lot of fun!!

I love the updates!!

And I would love to try that simulation thing. It sounds awesome. :-)

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home