My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Today I worked the Hanger Bay in the morning, and finished the day in the Engine Room. I haven’t worked the Engine Room in a while, so it was fun to get back there.

In the Engine Room it seems sometimes that crowds come down all at once, and then nobody for a while. That was the case today. I was sitting there by myself when a couple walked down the stairs. They were listening to the self-guided audio tour, so I didn’t approach them. Then they noticed me standing to the side and asked… “are you one of the ghosts we’ve heard about on this ship?” I’ve been asked about ghosts before, but this was the first time I’ve been asked if I was a ghost! I disappointed them and told them “No, I’m just a docent.”
I should have told them “Boo !” oh well, next time.

Here is a pic of the Throttle Board in the Engine Room. It looks pretty ship shape to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the midway should have a haunted ship tour this halloween!!!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home