My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

I worked the full watch both days this weekend. We had a pretty good crowd both days. I worked the Island tours Sat morning.

We got backed on on the tours - my group left the Chart House and had to wait on Vultures Row while the group ahead of us in the Bridge finished. So I created a new 'station' on Vultures Row.


Here a pic of Vulture's Row. This is where we staged waiting for the Bridge to open up. Notice the line backing up down below on the flight deck. I hope that docent ahead of us hurries up.

On Vultures Row I pointed out the E2 Hawkeye below us and the A6 Intruder. I took this time to explain how Admiral March chose this to be his Flag Ship during the 1991 Gulf War. The group seemed to like that.


Here is a pic of the E2 - ain't she a beaut ? !





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home