My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, March 26, 2006



Great day on the ship ! I helped out by greeting three groups in the morning. One group of JRROTC - they looked sharp in their black uniforms. I gave them the introduction and took them up to the island for the Bridge Tour. The other groups were a Cub Scouts who were more interested in the Flight Simulators.

I got a little of everything today - I worked in the Engine Room before lunch, and then gave tours of Pri Fly, Chart House, and Bridge. One of my tour groups had two Midway Vets from the 50's. Those gentlemen were really glad to finally see the bridge after all these years. As sailors, they never got up there. Here is a picture of the Helm and the Captain's Chair on the Bridge.

I'm signed up for the morning watch tomorrow too. Looking forward to it !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home