My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I worked the ship this afternoon. I started in Pri Fly, and then mid-day I was moved down to the Traps where we explain the landing process. That was a lot of fun. When I start the chat I have just a few guests there - by the end, they have accumulated to the group and the group is quite large. Afterward, I walk them up to the PLAT Cameras built into the flight deck to point them out and I leave them at the Frensel Lens ( the Meatball ) for that interactive display. They seemed to enjoy it, and I really enjoyed it.

The evening event tonight was a collection of international computer programmers. I met people from all over the world - which was nice but would have been nicer if they all had a better handle on the English language. Still - we had fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home