My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A beautiful day on the bay in San Diego.

The turn out today was weak in the morning hours - but it picked up in the afternoon. I worked on walking tours through the island ( Pri Fly, Chart House ,and Bridge ) all day.

I met a former Midway Battle Group Commander, and a retired Lt Colonel from the Air Force today. Both were distinguished looking gentlemen and they enjoyed the walking tours.


Here is a pic of the USS Reluctance - the ship from the 1955 movie Mr. Roberts. It's docked across the harbor from the Midway. I can't quite make out James Cagney's palm tree on the Captain's bridge - oh yeah, Jack Lemon thru it over board !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home