My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Special Event on Tuesday night was for Midway VIP's - the Admiral said a few approiate words - see below as he addresses the group:

There were a few honored guests: Admiral Mixon - former Capt of the Midway, Vern Jumper - former Air Boss, and Bob Solomon - former Chief Petty Officer. They all got a chance to speak from the podium.


Then they cut the ribbon to the latest open area on the ship open for public tours. The new areas include Officer's Quarters, the Ward Room, Ship's Laundry, and the Chief's Mess. Here is the group at the ribbon cutting:


Then we gave walking tours for those guests that wished. My group was the best, of course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert,

I just came across your blog on the internet. Very nice. My dad, CDR Vern Jumper, USN Retired really enjoys his work at the Midway. The museum is shaping up to be one of the best aircraft carrier museums in the United States. I live in Houston, TX and have only been able to visit the museum one time. Perhaps on a future visit I'll get to meet you.

Regards,

Mark Jumper

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home