My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

A great crowd on the ship today - over 3800.

I worked the Pri Fly in the morning and on the Hanger Bay in the afternoon.

I met a gentleman today, very elderly, with a special cap on. It was for the Distinguished Flying Cross. He was a war hero from WWII. He was awarded that for flying in the Army Air Corps - the predecessor of the Air Force. I gave him a mini-tour through Primary Flight Control. And can you believe it ... he thanked me ? I told him, "Sir - you are a genuine American Hero from American's greatest generation, and Thank You !"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home