My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

We had a Special Event last night - a few execs from IBM

We gave them walking tours thru the ship. The DOW started me with the first group, and told me to take them thru the Admiral's Quarters. Great - I've only been up there once before, and I'm not sure how to get up there and out on the flight deck. Another docent and I took a preview trip up there - talk about the blind leading the blind ! We got lost of course and ended up on the port side of the ship under the catapult. We had to jump a fence to get back on the flight deck.

Good thing when I took the guests I had better luck.

They all had a good time and nobody got lost - that we know of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home