My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday was Father's Day - we expected a big crowd and that's just what we got. Luckily, we had plenty of docents. The guys are really stepping up for the Summer.

I worked on the Pri Fly Ladder in the morning. I staged the guests on the flight deck before they went up the ladder for the tour of Pri Fly, Chart House, and Bridge. I let them know about the steep ladders, confined spaces, etc.. I told them no drinks and no cell phones. I also was suppose to check for small kids under the height requirement since the ladder is very steep and little legs sometimes can't make it.

One family had two little girls - and of course the little 2 yr old was way under the limit. "I'm sorry sir, she's too short, and for everyone's protection she can't go up the ladder." He said, oh, that's ok, I'll just carry her.

Sorry pal - she can't go. Your day will be a lot happier without any accidents so lets not risk it or her. Everyone's safety is our primary concern.

Oh brother - the tears, the temper, and the stomping of feet ! And the little girl was kind of upset too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home