My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today was Vet's Day - Thank you to all the VETS !

There wre a lot of events and celebrations on the ship - check out the band in the park and the dancing sailors / nurses

We had guest speaker on the flight deck too - this is Col. Tom Richards, USMC Retired. He wears the Navy Cross - the highest award the Navy can award.

Here are the leaders of Operation Homefront - they were awesome too
That is the Roger Hedgecock Radio Show going on in the background. He had a special broadcast from the Hanger Bay. He was in the process of honoring an Assoc of WWII POW Surviors. I spoke to a couple of those guys - glad they were on our side ! They deserve all the respect you can muster for what they went through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home