My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, California, United States

This is to chronicle my adventures on the USS Midway as a Docent. I was a civilian - I did not serve in the military, but I have respect for those that did.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

We are preping the ship for next week - and all the Memorial Day events to come. This has been a pretty busy weekend. A lot of the planes were re-spotted. When they are done, all the WWII planes will be in the Hanger Bay and the more recent planes will all be on the flight deck.

In the mean time - new spaces have been opened for tours. The Capt's quarters and the Admiral's quarters too. The TFCC and the Radio Room are also open. Ship Restoration has done a first rate job.

This afternoon I gave a tour thru the Island - including Pri Fly. One of the guests had been an Air Boss on another carrier. I was sure glad when he called me aside after my presentation and thanked me for a job well done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home